Privacy Notice from Hyde Park Investment
1) Background to data protection under the GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It addresses the export of personal data outside the EU. Hyde Park Investment takes your privacy seriously. This privacy notice contains general information on what personal data we collect and what we do with that data. It will also outline what rights you have.
The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified by reference to an identifier.
Processing includes obtaining, recording or storing personal data and carrying out any tasks using that personal data.
GDPR also defines your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing we carry out.
2) What personal data do we collect?
- personal details such as your name, phone number, corporate address, corporate email address
- professional information about you, such as your job title and work experience;
- your knowledge of and experience in investment matters;
- details of our interactions with you and the products and services you use;
- any records of phone calls and emails between us;
3) What personal data do we not collect?
- identification number, date of birth, KYC documents
- family details such as the name of your spouse, partner, or children;
- financial information
- special categories of personal data, such as your political opinions or affiliations, health information, racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, criminal convictions or offences.
* Please note that some of the above information may be collected on employees or prospective employees. For anyone else we will not collect this data.
4) How long do we keep your information?
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary
If you ask us to remove you from our database, we may keep some of your information for a period of up to 7 years as required by law or regulation. In the period up to the deletion of your information you would be placed on an ‘opted out’ list to ensure that we do not market to you again.
5) What is our legal basis for processing your data?
We rely on the following legal bases for processing your data:
- Consent – we may rely on your consent to use your personal information. Please note this consent can be withdrawn by contacting us
- Performance of a contract – we may need to collect your information to enter into a contract with you or to perform our legal obligations in the case of an existing contract
- Legitimate Interest – necessary for the legitimate interests of Hyde Park Investment; without affecting your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms
- Required to meet our applicable legal or regulatory requirements
6) Who do we share your information with?
- Our IT providers in order to maintain our systems
- The Financial Conduct Authority, The BaFin, the Information Commissioners Office, or any other regulatory body that is entitled to request disclosure.
- Providers of investment services that we market.
- Relevant authorities to investigate fraud, money laundering activities or terrorist financing.
- If Hyde Park Investment’s assets are acquired by a third party, then your information may be disclosed as part of the transferred assets.
- Our Lawyers, Accountants, Auditors and other advisors, to the extent that they require access to provide their service
Please note we will not lend or sell your information to third parties.
7) What data protection measures do we take?
In other circumstances, the law may permit us to transfer your date outside of the EEA. In all cases the transfer of your data will be compliant with the data protection Legislation and will be subject to appropriate safeguards.
We shall notify you of any data breach that affects you and is likely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedoms.
8) What are my data protection rights?
You have certain rights regarding our use of your personal data. Details of these rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website, however they can be summarised as follows:
- The right of access – to obtain a copy of the data we hold on you;
- The right of rectification – to correct mistakes in the data we hold on you;
- The right of portability – you can request us to transfer the personal data we hold on you to another data controller of your choosing
- The right to object – you may object to our processing of your data on the basis of our legitimate interests
- The right to be forgotten – a right to request the erasure of the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to restrict – you may request to restrict or minimise the processing of your personal data.
If you are not satisfied with Hyde Park Investment’s response on any of these matters, you have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority in the jurisdiction where you reside or in the jurisdiction where you believe the issue concerning your data has occurred.
9) How can I contact you?
We do not have a dedicated Data Protection Officer as we do not process personal data on a large scale. However, if you have any questions or comments concerning the use of your personal data then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org